Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Hindu Unity: A Mirage


While reading this excellent article, I was reminded of a conversation with my friend Swami. I was telling him about my experiences in various parts of the country. I was shocked to hear the prejudices people nurse based on regionalism and caste. I would tell them my name and people would insist on knowing my last name. Why? The only answer is to find out my home-state and my caste. I have a Hindu first name which should be enough but apparently not.
As long as Hindus in India remain a divided force, we will never be able to claim our destiny because divided we will remain helpless pawns in the hands of the pseudo-secularists and vote bank politicians. The key word in the title of the article is "collective" implying unity.

Needed - Collective Hindu vision and political objective
"Succinctly put, national self-identity of Hindus has been reduced to Gandhian pluralism and Nehruvian secularism. When Hindus proclaim suicidal tolerance as an article of faith even in the face of continuing loss of territory to jihad and rabid Christian religious conversion, India’s Hindus need to ask themselves, what will be the content of their national vision and what will be their national objective if it is driven by Gandhian pluralism and Nehruvian secularism. "
The rest of the article can be read at:

http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=358&page=11

No comments:

Post a Comment